The Fraternal Order of Eagles chose the Institute as their charity of the year and raised $120,000 so far for the non-profit organization.
Visit the Johnnie B. Byrd, Sr. Alzheimer's Center & Research Institute website.
Source Gulf Breeze News
Fundraising efforts for the Johnnie B. Byrd, Sr. Alzheimer's Center & Research Institute's are taking off. The Fraternal Order of Eagles chose the Institute as their charity of the year and raised $120,000 so far for the non-profit organization.
"The money raised for the Institute is the most money ever raised by the Florida Fraternal Order of Eagles and Auxiliary and we are proud to partner with this outstanding organization," says Ernie Repp, Immediate Past President of Florida Fraternal Order of Eagles.
"Building this partnership has now assured us more money for research. This is critical because the number of Alzheimer's cases are soaring. This funding will help our needs as we develop our world class Institute and continue our mission to find a cure for Alzheimer's," says Huntington Potter, PhD, lead scientist and CEO of the Byrd Alzheimer's Research Institute.
The Johnnie B. Byrd Sr., Alzheimer's Center & Research Institute supports cutting edge research on Alzheimer's disease in our own affiliated laboratories and clinics throughout the world. The Byrd Alzheimer's Institute is a non-profit organization that believes through collaboration, together we can win the battle against Alzheimer's disease. Contributions are tax deductible.
The Fraternal Order of Eagles is an international nonprofit organization whose mission unites fraternally in the spirit of liberty, truth, justice, and equality, to make human life more desirable by lessening its ills, and by promoting peace, prosperity, gladness and hope.
The Eagles raise money each year for a non-profit charity selected by the President and Auxiliary. They have members in over 1,700 local Aeries and Auxiliaries in the United States of America and Canada that help make their communities a better place to live in. It is estimated that all donations from their organization to communities, charities, and social programs will exceed $10,000,000 a year and as a result will take one step closer to finding a cure for diseases that effect all of our lives.
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Aricept Price Falls by 90 Percent
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's Disease (5 Best Alzheimer's Tests)
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- Are Alzheimer's Caregivers the Forgotten?
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- How Alzheimer's Spreads Throughout the Brain
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Alzheimer's Disease -- The Front Row
- Urinary Tract Infections (8 Articles)
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Alzheimer's Disease, Types of Dementia, and What is the Difference Between Alzheimer's and Dementia
- What Was the First Sign of Alzheimer's Disease in Your Case?
- Alzheimer's Disease and the Five Stages of Grief
- Alzheimer's Disease Caregiving Advice and Insight (20 articles)
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- Driving with Alzheimer's Can Mean Death
- Alzheimer's Caregiving Dealing with Behavior
- Alzheimer's Clock Test