Today is World Alzheimer's Day and we're working to raise awareness about Alzheimer's disease and rally friends like you around the globe. I know I often write you with updates, offers and requests for funds. Today I am writing you with a very personal challenge.
If you - a person dedicated to our vision of a world without Alzheimer's disease - can help us raise $3,500 today for the 35 million people around the world with Alzheimer's, I will match that entire amount to honor the more than 10 million family caregivers.
Please make your donation today. I also hope you'll consider one of these amounts:
- $5.30 for the 5.3 million Americans with Alzheimer's
- $10 for their 10 million Alzheimer caregivers$35 for the 35 million people with Alzheimer's around the world
- $78 for the 78 million US baby boomers who will be impacted by Alzheimer's disease.
- $148 for the $148 billion annual societal cost to our nation
- $428 for the meager $428 million dollars the US government invests in Alzheimer research as compared to $6 billion for cancer, $4 billion for heart disease and $3 billion HIV/AIDS that has resulted in great advances.
I am personally determined to make a difference in the fight against Alzheimer's disease and I know you are too. I truly appreciate your support in raising awareness and funds for the advancement of Alzheimer research, care and support.
With heartfelt thanks,
Popular articles on the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Alzheimer's Wandering Why it Happens and What to Do
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- 10 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room Now
- Test Your Memory (TYM) for Alzheimer's or Dementia in Five Minutes
- World Health Care Spending and Performance Ranking by Country (Table)
- What is Dementia?
- Five Ways to Keep Alzheimer's Away
- Dimebon Connection Study
- Are Alzheimer's Caregivers the Forgotten?
- A Simple Three Minute Test Can Detect the Earliest Stage of Alzheimer's Disease
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Wii a Useful Tool for Alzheimer's Caregivers
- 2009 Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures
- The Mini-Cog Test for Alzheimer's and Dementia
- The Alzheimer's Reading Room--Press Release
- Walmart and this Alzheimer's Caregiver
Bob DeMarco is the editor of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. The Alzheimer's Reading Room is the number one website on the Internet for news, advice, and insight into Alzheimer's disease. Bob has written more than 800 articles with more than 18,000 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.Original content Bob DeMarco, Alzheimer's Reading Room