An alternate juror said she would have voted for a first-degree murder conviction in the case of a couple charged with the starvation death of 89-year-old Elly Lorey, who suffered from Alzheimer's disease.Source: Susan Spencer-Wendel, Palm Beach Post
Elizabeth D. Merrill, released this afternoon from duty after hearing seven days of testimony, said she hopes Kerstin and Toby Fenn receive life in prison.
"Obviously they starved her to death," Merrill said. "Just look at the pictures. I've seen people die of AIDS, cancer, old age ... and I have never witnessed such wrapping of bones. It looked like skin just wrapped on the bone."
To continue reading go here.
Popular articles on the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Alzheimer's Wandering Why it Happens and What to Do
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- 10 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room Now
- Test Your Memory (TYM) for Alzheimer's or Dementia in Five Minutes
- World Health Care Spending and Performance Ranking by Country (Table)
- What is Dementia?
- Five Ways to Keep Alzheimer's Away
- Dimebon Connection Study
- Are Alzheimer's Caregivers the Forgotten?
- A Simple Three Minute Test Can Detect the Earliest Stage of Alzheimer's Disease
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Wii a Useful Tool for Alzheimer's Caregivers
- 2009 Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures
- The Mini-Cog Test for Alzheimer's and Dementia
- The Alzheimer's Reading Room--Press Release
- Walmart and this Alzheimer's Caregiver
Bob DeMarco is the editor of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. The Alzheimer's Reading Room is the number one website on the Internet for news, advice, and insight into Alzheimer's disease. Bob has written more than 800 articles with more than 18,000 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.Original content Bob DeMarco, Alzheimer's Reading Room