The website streamlines the process of finding programs that can help you pay for prescription drugs, health care, meals, utility bills, and more. If you have never used the site, I suggest you go there and fill out the comprehensive service form. Once you fill out the form you will be taken to a list of services that are available to you or your loved one. This is an important service that could save you money and its free.
Benefits Check Up is the best site I have seen on the Internet for caregivers searching for help, ways to reduce prescription costs, and special services that are available nationally and locally. If you are a caregiver it is perfectly appropriate for you to fill out the form for another person.
You can also fill out forms for specific services. Please choose the appropriate link.
Comprehensive Check Up. Find programs that can help you pay for prescription drugs, health care, meals, utility bills, and other servcies.
Prescription Drug Assistance. Find programs that can help you reduce your prescription drug and health care costs.
Medicare Rx Extra Help. See if you’re eligible and apply for Extra Help paying for your Medicare prescription drug costs. If you are in the "doughnut hole" this service should be of particular interest. If you use the comprehensive form this help is included.
Senior Housing Locator. Find senior housing options, including assisted living, residential care, nursing & rehabilitation homes, CCRCs and independent living retirement communities.
Popular articles on the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- The Metamorphosis of This Alzheimer's Caregiver (Part One)
- Test Your Memory (TYM) for Alzheimer's or Dementia in Five Minutes
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Five Ways to Keep Alzheimer's Away
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Alzheimer's Wandering Why it Happens and What to Do
- 10 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room Now
- World Health Care Spending and Performance Ranking by Country (Table)
- What is Dementia?
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- Walmart and this Alzheimer's Caregiver
- Dimebon Connection Study
- Are Alzheimer's Caregivers the Forgotten?
- A Simple Three Minute Test Can Detect the Earliest Stage of Alzheimer's Disease
- Wii a Useful Tool for Alzheimer's Caregivers
- 2009 Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures
- The Mini-Cog Test for Alzheimer's and Dementia
Bob DeMarco is the editor of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. The Alzheimer's Reading Room is the number one website on the Internet for news, advice, and insight into Alzheimer's disease. Bob has written more than 800 articles with more than 18,000 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.
Original content Bob DeMarco, Alzheimer's Reading Room