Voted #1 in the 25 Best Alzheimer's Blogs of 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 by Healthline, Bob DeMarco listed as a top ten influencer on the Internet
Healthline - Best Blog 2017
Media Inquiries-- Bob DeMarco at Alzheimer's Reading Room
Alzheimer's Reading Room
The goal of the Alzheimer's Reading Room is to Educate and Empower Alzheimer's caregivers, their families, and the entire Alzheimer's community. The Alzheimer's Reading Room exists for the benefit of society.
The Alzheimer's Reading Room as a a Resource
- Story Ideas
- Trends in Alzheimer's disease, dementia and Alzheimer's caregiving
- Hot Topics
- Contacts to Experts in the Industry
- Expert Testimony
A PROCLAMATION BY THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA, BEVERLY EAVES PERDUEAlzheimer's Disease Awareness Month
WHEREAS, according to the Alzheimer’s Reading Room, 1,232 Americans are diagnosed daily and 8,634 Americans are diagnosed weekly with Alzheimer’s disease, and by 2050 over 13 million American could have the disease; and WHEREAS, Alzheimer’s disease costs the United States $100 billion per year in diagnosis, extended care, family caregiver illness and lost wages according to the National Institute on Aging; Original copy of the Proclamation
- Voted #1 in the Best Alzheimer's Blogs 2012-2017
- The Alzheimer's Reading Room was featured in the New York Times.
- The Alzheimer's Reading Room has been featured on more than 51 television and radio stations.
- The Alzheimer's Reading Room is the largest blog of its type (Alzheimer's) on the Internet.
- The Alzheimer's Reading Room contains more than 5,000 articles in its knowledge base, and has over 967,000 links.
- Articles from the Alzheimer's Reading Room have been syndicated on Reuters, Fox News, the Wall Street Journal, Time Warner, Chicago Sun Times, Houston Chronicle, Livestrong, Cox News, and the Palm Beach Post and a growing number of impotant websites throughout the world.
- More than 327 news sites, websites, and blogs link to the Alzheimer's Reading Room.
- The Alzheimer's Reading Room was founded by Bob DeMarco.
- After caring for his mother, who suffers from Alzheimer's, Bob realized there was a need for high quality information that could be used by Alzheimer’s caregivers to care for their loved one.
- The Alzheimer's Reading Room has more than 33,011 subscribers.
- The Alzheimer's Reading Room has grown every single day since January 1, 2010.
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room
"The Alzheimer’s Reading Room is clearly one of the most informative and unbiased Alzheimer’s blogs. Bob DeMarco provides information on all things Alzheimer’s."
"The blog covers the spectrum on Alzheimer’s issues, featuring everything from critical advice from someone who is on the front line caring for a loved one with the disease, to translating and reporting on the science and research that is leading the way to a cure".
"All of us in the Alzheimer’s community are fortunate that Bob has taken on this important work. At Cure Alzheimer’s Fund, we encourage people to follow the Alzheimer's Reading Room; and, we rely on it ourselves to stay up to date and in touch."
Tim Armour, President of Cure Alzheimer’s Fund
"The Alzheimer’s Reading Room is what it claims to be – and more.
This comprehensive site is run by full-time caregiver and gifted advocate Bob DeMarco.
Filled with wonderful contributions from a variety of talented writers, this site offers everything you need to know about the challenge of caregiving, learning about your loved one’s condition, and taking care of yourself as well.
Thanks to the tireless efforts of everyone at the Alzheimer’s Reading Room, you have a go-to place for advice, education, and an occasional laugh. Stop by, and start feeling empowered to handle life as a caregiver."
Healthline Best Blog of 2017