Rose's was so worried she couldn't sleep. In her own words Rose said, she was worried that Mrs J would get lost in the woods or worse.
Rose took action. Over one long month she remained persistant. As far as we know Mrs J is now safe thanks to the efforts of one good Samaritan, Rose.
To some, Rose's concern might have been viewed as an over reaction. I bet some people thought she was a typical nervous norvis. An over reactor that stuck her nose in someone's business.
A hunter found the body of a man in the woods near his Newaygo County home (Michigan).
Police say the man is a 75 year old Alzheimer's patient who disappeared last week.
Robert Davis left his home in Goodwell Township last Thursday to visit a neighbor.
His family became worried when he never made it there.
The hunter found his body last night.
An autopsy will be performed today to determine the cause of death.
Police say Davis was not dressed for cold weather.
Sixty percent of people suffering from Alzheimer's wander. This means more than 3 million. It is a big scary problem.
Maybe this should be discussed in our churches. Maybe the pastor of Rose's church will decide to discuss this.
Somebody has to spread the word.
To read about the efforts of Rose Lamatt -- go here. Skip down to the second half of the story.
Popular articles on the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- H1N1 Flu Virus Everything You Need to Know
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Test Your Memory (TYM) for Alzheimer's or Dementia in Five Minutes
- Dimebon Connection Study
- The Metamorphosis of This Alzheimer's Caregiver (Part One)
- The Mini-Cog Test for Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Worried about Alzheimer's? Five Ways to Protect Yourself
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Alzheimer's Wandering Why it Happens and What to Do
- 50 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room Now
- World Health Care Spending and Performance Ranking by Country (Table)
- Walmart and this Alzheimer's Caregiver
- Are Alzheimer's Caregivers the Forgotten?
- A Simple Three Minute Test Can Detect the Earliest Stage of Alzheimer's Disease
- Wii a Useful Tool for Alzheimer's Caregivers
- 2009 Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures
Bob DeMarco is the editor of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. The Alzheimer's Reading Room is the number one website on the Internet for news, advice, and insight into Alzheimer's disease. Bob has written more than 950 articles with more than 8,000 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.
Original content Bob DeMarco, Alzheimer's Reading Room