My blind spot was, I didn’t recognize that family members are not like clients. Your family is awash in all its emotionality. I wouldn’t be perceived as a professional; I was a daughter. You may think you know the right professional answers, but you can’t make decisions for your parents.
Worth reading. I would be interested in your comments and reaction.
To continue reading go here.
Popular articles on the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Worried About Alzheimer's Disease
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- H1N1 Flu Virus Everything You Need to Know
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Test Your Memory (TYM) for Alzheimer's or Dementia in Five Minutes
- Dimebon Connection Study
- The Metamorphosis of This Alzheimer's Caregiver (Part One)
- The Mini-Cog Test for Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Worried about Alzheimer's? Five Ways to Protect Yourself
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Alzheimer's Wandering Why it Happens and What to Do
- 50 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room Now
- World Health Care Spending and Performance Ranking by Country (Table)
- Urinary Incontinence -- How We Beat Alzheimer's Incontinence
- Are Alzheimer's Caregivers the Forgotten?
- A Simple Three Minute Test Can Detect the Earliest Stage of Alzheimer's Disease
- Wii a Useful Tool for Alzheimer's Caregivers
- 2009 Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures
Original content Bob DeMarco, Alzheimer's Reading Room