You might imagine my shock when my mother did about half of the TV crossword puzzle that was in this week's Florida Sun Sentinel newspaper......By Bob DeMarco
Recently my mother scored a 12 on the MMSE -- Mini-Mental State Examination. Her current diagnosis is mild to severe Alzheimer's disease.
Every day, I put the crossword puzzle in front of her. Sometimes she gets a word, or two, or three. You might imagine my shock when she did about half of the TV crossword puzzle that was in this week's Florida Sun Sentinel newspaper.
Just the other day she turned the shower off for the first time in years. Actually, she did it two days in a row.
Here is the link to the previous article about the crossword puzzle -- Crossword Puzzle -- Or Just Puzzled?
Here are the crossword puzzle answers for those of you that asked. I tried to get a copy of the crossword puzzle online, but it is not available.My name is Bob DeMarco, I am an Alzheimer's caregiver. My mother Dorothy, now 93 years old, sufferers from Alzheimer's disease. We live our life one day at a time.
- What little Jack Horner found (4 letters)-- Plum.
- "___ in Trees" (3 letters)-- Men.
- People ___ Funny (3 letter)-- Are.
- My Two ___ (4 letters)-- Sons
- Rayburn of "Match Game" (4 letters)-- Gene
- "Rin Tin ___ (3 letters)-- Tin.
- "How I met ____ Mother" (4 letters)-- Your
- "___ Smart" (3 letters)-- Get
- Actress Sommer (4 letters)-- Elke
- "____ Brockovich (4 letters)-- Erin
- "___ of Practice" (3 letters)-- Out
- ___ Paulo, Brazil (3 letters)-- San
- "____ John" Judd hirsch sitcom (4 letters)-- Dear
- "The Twilight ____ (4 letters)-- Zone
- Lamb's cry (3 letters)-- Baa
- "Judging ___" (3 letters)-- Amy
Popular articles on the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Previously On the Alzheimer's Reading Room (In Case You Missed It Edition)
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Worried About Alzheimer's Disease -- You Should Be
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- H1N1 Flu Virus Everything You Need to Know
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Test Your Memory (TYM) for Alzheimer's or Dementia in Five Minutes
- Dimebon Connection Study
- The Metamorphosis of This Alzheimer's Caregiver (Part One)
- The Mini-Cog Test for Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Alzheimer's Wandering Why it Happens and What to Do
- 50 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room Now
- World Health Care Spending and Performance Ranking by Country (Table)
- Urinary Incontinence -- How We Beat Alzheimer's Incontinence
- Are Alzheimer's Caregivers the Forgotten?
- A Simple Three Minute Test Can Detect the Earliest Stage of Alzheimer's Disease
- Wii a Useful Tool for Alzheimer's Caregivers
Bob DeMarco is the editor of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. Bob has written more than 1,050 articles with more than 8,000 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.
Original content Bob DeMarco, Alzheimer's Reading Room