New Legislation Would Improve Treatment Services For Alzheimer’s Patients And Expand Training And Support Services For Their Families And Caregivers....
Here is copy of the email I am sending to my elected officials requesting that they support this legislation designed to help Alzheimer's Caregivers. (you can personalize the email and make it your own).
Dear Senator Or Congressperson XXXXX.Use the links below to reach your Senator or Congressman.
A recent Harris Interactive poll indicated that 100 million Americans have been touched by Alzheimer's disease. The same poll indicates that 35 million Americans are worried about Alzheimer's.
Currently, there are 9.9 million Alzheimer's caregivers in the United States.
Every 70 seconds someone is diagnosed with Alzheimer's.
Recently, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand and Congresswoman Maxine Waters introduced legislation that would improve treatment services for Alzheimer's patients, and expand training and support services for their families and caregivers.
This legislation recognizes that families and caregivers taking care of loved ones with Alzheimer's need help.
I hope you will take the time to visit this link
and take the time to learn more about this devastating disease.
I encourage you to support this legislation by co-sponsoring the bill, and by furthering awareness of this problem.
Delray Beach, FL 33445
When you get there all you need to do is click on your state or enter your zip code.
It took me less than four minutes to contact two United States Senators and my Congressman.
To contact your U.S. Senator via email -- go here.
To contact your U.S. Representative via email-- go here.
Here is the link to my article on the legislation -- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand Introduces Legislation to Help Fight Alzheimer's and Benefit Caregivers.
Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Worried About Alzheimer's Disease
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- H1N1 Flu Virus Everything You Need to Know
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Test Your Memory (TYM) for Alzheimer's or Dementia in Five Minutes
- Dimebon Connection Study
- The Metamorphosis of This Alzheimer's Caregiver (Part One)
- The Mini-Cog Test for Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Alzheimer's Wandering Why it Happens and What to Do
- 50 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room Now
- World Health Care Spending and Performance Ranking by Country (Table)
- Urinary Incontinence -- How We Beat Alzheimer's Incontinence
- Are Alzheimer's Caregivers the Forgotten?
- A Simple Three Minute Test Can Detect the Earliest Stage of Alzheimer's Disease
- Wii a Useful Tool for Alzheimer's Caregivers
- Previously On the Alzheimer's Reading Room (In Case You Missed It Edition)
Bob DeMarco is the editor of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. The Alzheimer's Reading Room is the number one website on the Internet for news, advice, and insight into Alzheimer's disease. Bob has written more than 950 articles with more than 8,000 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.
Original content Bob DeMarco, Alzheimer's Reading Room
Follow the Alzheimer's Reading Room on Twitter