Branded generic Donepezil (Aricept) is now available. Prices have come down about $100 for a 30 day supply. We except to see a sharp price decline after the six month exclusivity period ends on May 25, 2011...
By Bob DeMarco
See these updates:
See these updates.
Generic Donepezil, Aricept, $27 for 90 days from Costco
Donepezil (Aricept) Price Falls by 90 Percent
The Wall Street Journal reported today that...
India's Wockhardt Ltd. said Wednesday it has received tentative approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to sell the generic version of Forest Laboratories Inc.'s Alzheimer's disease and dementia drug, Namenda.
Wockhardt said it has reached a settlement with Forest on the drug's patent litigation, under which the Indian company can launch the copycat version months before patent expiration or as soon as any other copycat is launched.
Forest Laboratories, Inc. (FRX) recently settled its patent litigation for Namenda (memantine).
Under the settlement agreements, the first generic versions of memantine would be able to enter the market on January 11, 2015.
- 60 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Alzheimer's CareGiving -- Insight and Advice
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Worried About Alzheimer's Disease -- You Should Be
- What is Alzheimer's? What are the Eight Types of Dementia?
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Ten Symptoms of Early Stage Alzheimer's
- Ten Tips for Communicating with an Alzheimer’s Patient
Bob DeMarco is the Founder of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. Bob has written more than 1,880 articles with more than 95,100 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room