Branded generic Aricept, sold as Donepezil, is now available. Prices have come down to less than $9 per month.
By Bob DeMarco
See these updates:
Generic Donepezil, Aricept, $27 for 90 days from Costco
Donepezil (Aricept) Price Falls by 90 Percent
Forest Laboratories, Inc. (FRX) recently settled its patent litigation for Namenda (memantine).
Under the settlement agreements, the first generic versions of memantine would be able to enter the market on January 11, 2015.
Related content in the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- 10 Things a Person Living with Dementia Would Tell You If They Could
- 3 Ways to Get an Alzheimer's Patient to Eat More Food
- What's the Difference Between Alzheimer's and Dementia?
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Memory Tests)
- Dementia and Eight Types of Dementia
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Are Alzheimer's Caregivers the Forgotten?
- The First Sign of Alzheimer's Short Term Memory Loss
- Urinary Tract Infections Can Hasten Memory Loss in Alzheimer's Patients
- The Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
- Problems with Balance, Walking, Falling Can Be an Early Sign of Dementia
- What is Alzheimer's Disease
The Most Recent 25 ArticlesAlzheimer's Reading Room