At the time, Rose was concerned that Mrs J would wander off into the woods and that something terrible would happen.
Nashville police say an 81-year-old man with Alzheimer's disease froze to death after he wandered outside in bitter cold weather.Wandering is not something to be taken lightly.
Officers said the body of John Anderson was found lying under a tree Monday morning in his yard.
No foul play is suspected. Anderson's wife said she put him to bed about 10 p.m. Sunday.
The overnight low in Nashville was 12 degrees.
To read Rose's articles -- What if Mrs J Wanders Away and Ends Up Dead -- go here.
Some people might have assumed that Rose was sticking her nose in other people's business. Or, that Rose was an alarmist. Rose due to her own life experience understood what can happen when someone with Alzheimer's start to wander. At least we know Mrs J is safe.
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Tests)
- What is the Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Worried About Alzheimer's Disease -- You Should Be
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Test Your Memory (TYM) for Alzheimer's or Dementia in Five Minutes
- The Metamorphosis of This Alzheimer's Caregiver (Part One)
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Alzheimer's Wandering Why it Happens and What to Do
- Urinary Incontinence -- How We Beat Alzheimer's Incontinence
- Are Alzheimer's Caregivers the Forgotten?
- Wii a Useful Tool for Alzheimer's Caregivers
Bob DeMarco is the Founder of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. The ARR knowledge base contains more than 3,811 articles with more than 306,100 links on the Internet. Bob lives in Delray Beach, FL.
Original content Bob DeMarco, Alzheimer's Reading Room