I would encourage each of you to consider an Alzheimer's disease clinical trial. You might be surprised by the benefits.....
By Bob DeMarco
A recent study indicates that patients suffering from dementia and participating in a clinical trial for an experimental drug stay out of nursing homes longer than patients receiving standard care.
This phenomena occurs even when the experimental drugs don't work.
A possible explanation could be that study participants benefit substantially from the frequent, high-quality medical attention they receive as part of the clinical trial.
As some of you know my mother, Dorothy, is currently enrolled in a Dimebon clinical trial. I was really impressed by all the pre-clinical trial medical testing she received. We are also receiving lots of medical attention while enrolled in the Dimebon clinical trial. The doctors and staff at Brain Matters Research in Delray Beach are very professional.
Free medical testing is one of the biggest benefits you can receive from an Alzheimer's clinical trial.
Medical pretesting is a requirement to gain entry into a clinical trial. You actually experience a sense of relief after the testing is completed. I did. At least I knew there was nothing new and different that was being missed. It is also like getting a second opinion free of any charges.
I would encourage each of you to consider an Alzheimer's disease clinical trial. You might be surprised by the benefits.
For a complete list of clinical trials for patients suffering from Alzheimer's disease go here.
go here to see the details about the Dimebon clinical trial my mother is now enrolled in.
To see a complete list of Pfizer (PFE) Medivation (MDVN) Dimebon clinical trials for patients with Alzheimer's go here.
For Johnson and Johnson (JNJ)/Pfizer’s (PFE) Bapineuzumab go here.
For Eli Lilly’s (LLY) Solanezumab (LY2062430) go here.
For Baxter’s (BAX) IVIg go here.
Popular articles on the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Advice and Insight -- Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Dealing with Difficult Behavior Caused by Dementia and Alzheimer's
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Dr Oz Alzheimer's Memory Quiz (Test)
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Test Your Memory (TYM) for Alzheimer's or Dementia in Five Minutes
- Alzheimer's World -- Two Circles Trying to Intersect
- Baby Boomer Alzheimer's Perspective
- Alzheimer's Disease -- The Front Row
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- 60 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room Now
- Alzheimer's Clock Draw Test -- Detect the Signs of Alzheimer's Early
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room