The Live Until 100 Super Pill
Dr. Barzilai, a geneticist at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine says that three genes have been identified that are the key to longevity. People who have these three genes are 80% less likely to get Alzheimer’s disease or Diabetes.
Several laboratories are already trying to make a pill that will mimic these genes. Here is the article:
Dr. Barzilai will present his ideas on BBC2’s Horizon tonight at 9pm.
Max Wallack is a student at Boston University Academy. His great grandmother, Gertrude, suffered from Alzheimer's disease. Max is the founder of PUZZLES TO REMEMBER. PTR is a project that provides puzzles to nursing homes and veterans institutions that care for Alzheimer's and dementia patients.
Popular articles on the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Advice and Insight -- Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Dealing with Difficult Behavior Caused by Dementia and Alzheimer's
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Dr Oz Alzheimer's Memory Quiz (Test)
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Test Your Memory (TYM) for Alzheimer's or Dementia in Five Minutes
- Alzheimer's World -- Two Circles Trying to Intersect
- Baby Boomer Alzheimer's Perspective
- Alzheimer's Disease -- The Front Row
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Alzheimer's Clock Draw Test -- Detect the Signs of Alzheimer's Early
- 60 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Original content Max Wallack, the Alzheimer's Reading Room