I must say that I was surprised and humbled by your kind words.....By Bob DeMarco
I want to encourage everyone to use the share button that is located at the top of each article.
The share button makes it very easy to share an article with other Alzheimer's caregivers, or anyone you know that has been touched by Alzheimer's or dementia -- via email. I am particularly interested in reaching other Alzheimer's caregivers, and support group moderators.
You don't need to click the share button. Just put your mouse pointer on the share button and it opens automatically. Click email at the top of the panel and then the email program you are using. This will open a new email box right in your existing email program. It is very fast.
This differs from other email programs that force you to put in your own email address and then the email address of the person you want to email.
You will be using your existing email program and you can email one person or an entire group easily by using your existing address book. Please note, no one is collecting your email address, or the email address of your friends and associates. Total privacy.
When your share email opens the title of article and the link are already in your email. It is automatic. So all you need to do is type in your message and click send.
When you see an article that you believe others should be reading please try this. This feature is very easy to use, and it is fast.
You can also use this feature to send an email to any list or listserv that you are currently subscribed too.
If you would like to try the share feature now, I suggest you use this popular article.
Communicating in Alzheimer's World
Once again, I want to thank all of you that commented on my idea for a Virtual Support group. It is clear that many of you want to move forward on this idea.
The comments, advice, and your words are appreciated. I must say that I was encouraged and humbled by your kind words.
Bob DeMarco is the editor of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. Bob has written more than 1,200 articles with more than 9,000 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.
Popular articles on the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Advice and Insight -- Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Dealing with Difficult Behavior Caused by Dementia and Alzheimer's
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Dr Oz Alzheimer's Memory Quiz (Test)
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Test Your Memory (TYM) for Alzheimer's or Dementia in Five Minutes
- Alzheimer's World -- Two Circles Trying to Intersect
- Baby Boomer Alzheimer's Perspective
- Alzheimer's Disease -- The Front Row
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Alzheimer's Clock Draw Test -- Detect the Signs of Alzheimer's Early
- 60 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room