I have a question to see if any caregivers are experiencing the same problem and could provide me with some help and suggestions?.....By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
From the Reader comments section:
My mother is losing her teeth due to radiation (cancer treatment) and sometimes even forgets to show me her teeth and is afraid to show me the teeth. I fear her refusal to eat is increased by this making her lose weight faster. Even though I know why she is losing her teeth is anyone out there experiencing their loved one losing teeth and how can I keep nuitrients in her?
Do you think that dentures are a good idea at this time?
I thought of this earlier but the dentist had said because her roots were good at the time they could not pull them before she started losing them and now she has the bottom of her teeth showing roots.
Editor note: This reader is asking for advice and help. Any information you can provide on nutrition, dental care, and dentures would be appreciated.
More About the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- How do Alzheimer's Caregivers Think and Feel?
- Advice and Insight -- Alzheimer's Reading Room
- The Alzheimer's Hamster Within YOU
- Dealing with Difficult Behavior Caused by Dementia and Alzheimer's
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Dr Oz Alzheimer's Memory Quiz (Test)
- Test Your Memory (TYM) for Alzheimer's or Dementia in Five Minutes
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Alzheimer's World -- Two Circles Trying to Intersect
- Alzheimer's Disease -- The Front Row
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Alzheimer's Clock Draw Test -- Detect the Signs of Alzheimer's Early
- 60 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Bob DeMarco is the Founder of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. Bob has written more than 2,200 articles with more than 275,000 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room