Alzheimer's Reading Room
It's hard to see your wife lose that. Once she was so energetic and youthful. But she's my life and I'm not giving up on her. -- Scott Doig
When Alzheimer's strikes it is tragic every time. In this case it is difficult to imagine how Scott Doig is going to deal with the situation. A new born baby and a young wife suffering from rapid onset Alzheimer's disease.
Mrs Doig is believed to be the first female to be affected by this rare form of Alzheimer's.
It appears that Scott is surrounded by some caring friends and colleagues. To help Scott cope, his work mates have organised a benefit night next weekend to raise funds for the family.
We can only hope and pray that this young man receives the kinds of help and support he will surely need in the years ahead.
Go here to read more about Scott and his wife Rebecca -- Alzheimer's Mum Doesn't Know Her Own Baby.
- Advice and Insight -- Alzheimer's Caregiving
- What is Alzheimer's Disease ?
- Conquering Urinary Incontinence
- Alzheimer's and the Dreaded Bowel Movement
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Test Your Memory (TYM) for Alzheimer's or Dementia in Five Minutes
- Dr Oz Alzheimer's Memory Quiz (Test)
- Alzheimer's Clock Draw Test -- Detect the Signs of Alzheimer's Early
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- 60 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
The Alzheimer's Action Plan
300 Tips for Making Life Easier
Bob DeMarco is the editor of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. Bob has written more than 1,300 articles with more than 9,000 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room