Alzheimer's Reading Room
A bus carrying people with dementia was attacked with bricks in Derry.
Young people targeted the Fold Day Care vehicle as it travelled along Eastway on Monday afternoon.
The windscreen was cracked and some passengers became distressed but no-one was injured.
Pauline Spence, a care assistant who was driving the bus, said she and a colleague were covered in glass after one brick hit the corner of the windscreen.
Ms Spence said: "I was so shocked, really shocked. So I just got away as fast as I could."
- Advice and Insight -- Alzheimer's Caregiving
- What is Alzheimer's Disease ?
- Conquering Urinary Incontinence
- Alzheimer's and the Dreaded Bowel Movement
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Test Your Memory (TYM) for Alzheimer's or Dementia in Five Minutes
- Dr Oz Alzheimer's Memory Quiz (Test)
- Alzheimer's Clock Draw Test -- Detect the Signs of Alzheimer's Early
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- 60 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
The Alzheimer's Action Plan
300 Tips for Making Life Easier
Bob DeMarco is the editor of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. Bob has written more than 1,300 articles with more than 9,000 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room