Alzheimer's Reading Room
SunsOut Puzzles recently moved their warehouse to a location in Kokomo, Indiana. I had corresponded with SunsOut Puzzles about the possibility of donating any overstock to PuzzlesToRemember. Soon, it became clear that there would be significant overstock, but the cost of mailing the puzzles to Massachusetts was prohibitive.
As a solution, I researched Alzheimer's facilities in the Kokomo, Indiana area, and came up with several care facilities. This week SunsOut Puzzles is donating 281 brand new puzzles to three separate Alzheimer's care facilities in their area. The puzzles are worth more than $4000.
This wonderful donation shows how responsible corporate citizens can make a difference. The donated puzzles will help hundreds of Alzheimer's patients have a better day.
THANK YOU SUNSOUT.
If you know of a corporation that would like to become involved in Puzzles to Remember effort to improve the lives of patients in Alzheimer's care facilities please let me know. You can contact me via the Puzzles to Remember website.
Max Wallack is a student at Boston University Academy. His great grandmother, Gertrude Finkelstein, suffered from Alzheimer's disease. Max is the founder of PUZZLES TO REMEMBER , a 501(c.)3 charitable organization. PUZZLES TO REMEMBER is a project that provides puzzles to nursing homes and other institutions that care for Alzheimer's and dementia patients.
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (Tests)
- Alzheimer's Statistics
- What is Alzheimer's? What are the Eight Types of Dementia?
- Alzheimer's Caregiving --Advice and Insight
- Conquering Urinary Incontinence
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Alzheimer's Clock Draw Test -- Detect the Signs of Alzheimer's Early
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- 60 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
The Alzheimer's Action Plan
300 Tips for Making Life Easier
Original content Max Wallack, the Alzheimer's Reading Room