“The impact of Alzheimer’s disease - both in terms of lives affected and costs of care – is staggering. As government leaders contend with the best approaches to rein in Medicare and Medicaid costs, we know Alzheimer’s will place a massive strain on an already overburdened health care system,” said Robert J. Egge, Vice President of Public Policy for the Alzheimer’s Association.
“This report highlights that while we strive for the ideal – a treatment that completely prevents or cures Alzheimer’s disease – even more modest, disease-modifying treatments would provide substantial benefits to families and contribute to the solvency of Medicare and Medicaid.”
More About the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Test Your Self for Alzheimer's Dementia (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- What is Alzheimer's? What are the Eight Types of Dementia?
- Alzheimer's Dementia Caregiving -- Advice and Insight
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- 2010 Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures
- 60 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Bob DeMarco is the editor of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. Bob has written more than 1,400 articles with more than 9,000 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.
The Alzheimer's Action Plan
300 Tips for Making Life Easier
By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room