Alzheimer's Reading Room
In the comments section below -- Medivation (Dimebon) Gives Dotty the Axe -- Kerry Runyeon asked,
Is there any other way to get your hands on Dimebon and if you could would you based on what you have observed.
I hear you can buy Dimebon on the Internet. I have never looked into the possibility because my guess is it would be hard to determine the quality and the formulation of a generic version.
I'll answer your question this way. If Dimebon makes it to market and if Dotty is still around, I'll be standing at the door of pharmacy, prescription in hand, waiting for them to open -- on day one.
I will be writing a thorough and detailed description of our 18 weeks in the Dimebon clinical trial soon.
Bob DeMarco is the editor of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. Bob has written more than 1,400 articles with more than 9,000 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.
More About the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Test Your Self for Alzheimer's Dementia (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- What is Alzheimer's? What are the Eight Types of Dementia?
- Alzheimer's Dementia Caregiving -- Advice and Insight
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- 60 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
The Alzheimer's Action Plan
300 Tips for Making Life Easier
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room