Alzheimer's Reading Room
"In light of the FDA contacting Pathway Genomics about its genetic test kit and anticipated ongoing discussions between the two parties, we've elected not to move forward with offering the Pathway product to our customers until we have further clarity on this matter," Jim Cohn, a Walgreens spokesman, said.
At issue is whether or not Pathway Genomics needs FDA approval or clearance to sell the DNA test direct to consumers.
To read more about this on the Washington Post website -- go here.
As I am writing this I am listening to the local news station promoting the test and saying it will be sold at Walgreens on Friday. Big opps coming tomorrow.
More About the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Test Your Self for Alzheimer's Dementia (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- What is Alzheimer's? What are the Eight Types of Dementia?
- Alzheimer's Dementia Caregiving -- Advice and Insight
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- 2010 Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures
- 60 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room