Bobby says I am bright eyed and bushy tailed today. He seems surprised. How many times do I have to tell you -- I am a healthy old broad.....By Dorothy DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Bobby wants me to tell you how old I am today. Its none of your business. He says, if I won't tell how old I am I have to say this -- I'm older then dirt. Cute, huh.
Note: Dotty's birthday is coming up at the end of the month. This is what she had to say last year. Whew. Time flies when you are an Alzheimer's caregiver.
I told Bobby not to tell anyone its my birthday. Meanwhile people are showing up all day wishing me a Happy Birthday. I am getting lots of cake and cookies. Send money.
Bobby did give me a nice pair of gold earrings. He says this is just the beginning.
After lunch I am getting my hair done and getting a manicure. Later on Bobby is taking me out for dinner. He wants to know where I want to go? Didn't I write about this before? How the hell do I know where to go. I'll do what I always do. Get in the car and let my chauffeur make all the decisions. I bet you are surprised that I can spell chauffeur. Here is the other way to spell it -- B O B B Y.
Bobby says I am bright eyed and bushy tailed today. He seems surprised. How many times do I have to tell you -- I am a healthy old broad. And, I am not a rabbit.
Bobby says before we get on the move he has to wash my hair, give me a shower, and a shave. He claims I will be all nice and shiny. I'll tell you what will make me all shiny -- a nice new fifty.
Here is the good news. No doctor's appointments this week. All they want is my money anyway. They are a bunch of quacks.
I'll tell you what I really want for my birthday -- a new picture. Bobby claims we can't do that because it will ruin my brand. Brand? Bobby says Coke tried to change it up and it almost ruined them. I don't drink Coke, so what the hell does that have to do with me?
Bobby says, I'm classic.
Maybe after Bobby gets me fixed up I can find a boyfriend, get married and get out of his hair.
Meanwhile, I'm hungry.
Dorothy DeMarco is a contributing writer and frequently portrayed character on the Alzheimer's Reading Room. Dotty resides in Delray Beach, FL. To read or subscribe to Dotty's blog go here.
- 60 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Alzheimer's CareGiving -- Insight and Advice
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Worried About Alzheimer's Disease -- You Should Be
- What is Alzheimer's? What are the Eight Types of Dementia?
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Ten Symptoms of Early Stage Alzheimer's
- Ten Tips for Communicating with an Alzheimer’s Patient
Original content Dorothy DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room