By Dorothy DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
We're back. Did you miss us? There is no place like home. I have to admit, I missed this joint.
Bobby says, I'm a champ. Big deal. You can't spend words.
While I was away, Bobby kept giving me these little bags of Lay's potato chips. Every time he gave me a bag he had to ask me, how are they? This is a dumb question, delicious of course.
I am getting a little worried about Bobby. He keeps asking me the same questions over and over. Why does he keep repeating himself? Should I be worried?
I can't understand why I am so tired. I came home and passed out. Why am I so tired?
I'm hungry. I wonder if I am going to get anything to eat in this joint?
Once again Booby took me to the doctor today. I'll never understand why I have to go to the doctor. There is nothing wrong with me. I'm a healthy old broad. The doctor must be making a fortune off me.
As usual, they start sticking needles in me and stealing my blood. I told them, I'll donate blood. Then they tell me I can't donate blood. If I can't donate blood, how is it they are always taking blood out of me for these so called tests? I might be old but that doesn't make me dumb.
Today I told Bobby I am going to get a job. He said, you'll need a resume. Big deal. If he gets off his computer long enough I'll make a resume.
Then he asks if I want a job on the blog. What the hell is a blog?
He tells me he has an opening for a head of subscriber procurement. Here we go again, Bobby speaking in code.
So guess what? I told him, you pay me enough and I'll procure all the subscribers you want.
He told me to dial 555-AlzheimersRead and make an appointment for a job interview. What the hell? I'm his mother doesn't that count for anything?
Interview my ass. Where are those little bags of Lay's potato chips?
I missed you too.
- Alzheimer's CareGiving -- Insight and Advice
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Worried About Alzheimer's Disease -- You Should Be
- What is Alzheimer's? What are the Eight Types of Dementia?
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Ten Symptoms of Early Stage Alzheimer's
- Ten Tips for Communicating with an Alzheimer’s Patient
Original content Dorothy DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room