Alzheimer's Reading Room
If you live near Long Beach, California you might want to consider this.
“Alzheimer's is a mind-blowing disease that disproportionately impacts women – both as victims and caretakers of loved one's suffering from it. With more than 5 million people diagnosed with Alzheimer's in this country and a new diagnosis every 70 seconds, I believe it's time to pick up the pace and start marching to defeat this devastating disease. We are inviting both women and men of all ages to join us in Long Beach." -- Maria Shriver
Maria Shriver has been a long-time advocate for families like hers who are struggling with Alzheimer's. The march will bring together thousands of families, friends, caregivers, concerned community members and conference attendees to raise funds and awareness to fight the disease.
The March will benefit the Alzheimer's Association, the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. A minimum donation of $25 is required to sign-up for the march and all participants are encouraged to raise additional funds to support the organization's work.
- 60 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Alzheimer's CareGiving -- Insight and Advice
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Worried About Alzheimer's Disease -- You Should Be
- What is Alzheimer's? What are the Eight Types of Dementia?
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Ten Symptoms of Early Stage Alzheimer's
- Ten Tips for Communicating with an Alzheimer’s Patient
Bob DeMarco is the editor of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. Bob has written more than 1,510 articles with more than 8,000 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.
The Alzheimer's Action Plan
300 Tips for Making Life Easier
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room