Mother was forgetful. I was frustrated.Mother was angry. I was angry.Mother was delusional. I was bewildered.Mother was confused. I was perplexed.Mother was depressed. I was depressed.Mother was diagnosed. I was shocked.Mother was in denial. I was in denial.Mother was withdrawn. I was fearful.Mother was in pain. I was in pain.Mother was adjusting. I was accepting.Mother laughed. I was ecstatic.Mother was physically present. I was emotionally absent.Mother forgot my name. I cried.
Barbara Pursley was born in Galveston, Texas and is the author of EMBRACING THE MOMENT. Barabara attended Santa Monica College, studied photography, and worked as a commercial photographer before returning to Texas to care for her mother. Barbara also taught journal writing to women in Texas rehabilitation facilities. She put her God inspired journal entries and photographs into book form in 2009.
- 60 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Alzheimer's CareGiving -- Insight and Advice
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Worried About Alzheimer's Disease -- You Should Be
- What is Alzheimer's? What are the Eight Types of Dementia?
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Ten Symptoms of Early Stage Alzheimer's
- Ten Tips for Communicating with an Alzheimer’s Patient
Original content the Alzheimer's Reading Room