- Articles must be original pieces written for the Alzheimer's Reading Room. This means never before published on the Internet.
- Articles must be non-promotional. Your article will include your by-line, bio, image and a link back to your website or blog.
- Articles can be republished after a 48 hour embargo, but must be attributed to the Alzheimer's Reading Room as original content.
- Guest posts are unpaid.
If you are interesting in becoming a writer/contributor to the Alzheimer's Reading Room, please read the writer agreement listed below.
When you submit your copyrightable Content to the Alzheimer's Reading Room (ARR) website, you retain ownership of any copyright you claim to your submitted Content.
Permission to Syndicate Article
When you submit an article to us (ARR) you automatically grant ARR a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive worldwide license to (i) use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, adapt, distribute, perform, and display the Content alone or as part of other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or later developed, and to (ii) freely and fully sublicense such rights through single or multiple tiers of sub-licensees.
The above is necessary for the following reasons:
- ARR articles (content) are automatically posted to a minimum of 4 other social media websites including Facebook. The actual number can vary and could be as high as 15. This number is subject to change at any time. ARR is subject to the rules and conditions of each of these independent services. Either party can cancel at any time.
- ARR has syndication agreements in place with other content distributors. Articles from ARR can publish to the online websites of major newspapers, blogs, or websites. In addition, the headline and a short description can publish to any of a long list of blogs. These are opened ended agreements. Either party can cancel at any time. ARR is subject to the rules and conditions of each of these independent services.
- ARR has an open syndication policy in place. This allows other blogs and websites to post articles from ARR without prior notification. The article can be published in full, in brief, or publish as headline only.
- ARR has a number of headline/link feeds in place. This includes but is not limited to Twitter. In all cases, ARR is subject to the rules and conditions of each of these sites.
- ARR has a number of companion blogs. Articles can publish to these blogs.
Please note: These are the same rules and restrictions that I publish under. I am always exploring new, better, and different ways to bring content from ARR into the public awareness. I am judicious in these agreements. ARR is a trusted and respected source of information; as a result, other parties are interested in republishing our content.
ARR will only accept full content articles. We will not accept truncated articles that stop, and then encourage readers to continue reading by going to your blog or website via a link. We only accept original content that has not been published previously on the Internet
Exceptions can be made. For example, if you read an article on a another publication and you want to bring it into the awareness of ARR readers you can write a brief description, include a quote, or brief description from the article and then include a link that sends the reader to the full content article.
You are free to republish any article that you write on your own website after a 24 hour embargo from the time it publishes on ARR. Please do not republish your article before the 24 hour embargo period ends.
If you violate the 24 hour embargo your content could be deleted from ARR.
You maintain the rights to the content and can reuse it anyway you wish after the embargo period ends. If you republish the content/article you should include a link back to the original content on the Alzheimer's Reading Room, and recognition of the ARR.
For new contributors. If you have outstanding content that you have already developed and published, you are welcome to rework that content and submit it for publication to ARR.
Let the Alzheimer's Reading Room Promote You
Every article will start with your byline. Every article will end with your bio. Every article will contain your image or an image you select.
Your bio is not your resume or the place to publish your detailed credentials. You can include one link in your bio. If you have a page on the web that tells more About You, I suggest you use that link. If not, use the link to your website or blog.
Your bio should end with your location.
Several writers/contributors have received new business that resulted from an article they submitted to ARR for publication. The client(s) contacted them direct from the link contained in the bio.
One of our goals is to introduce talented professionals to people in need of their service.
If you are trying to brand you name, company name, or increase readership of you valuable experience you will be able to do this via the ARR.
The more you write the greater the opportunity to get discovered in the Alzheimer's Reading Room.
You are more likely to be discovered if you write at least twice each month.
The ARR is big and highly valued by Google Search. If you write an article that contains information that is wanted or needed we will get you on the first page of Google search.
No Shameless Promotion
If you are considering entering into this arrangement so you can promote yourself with link after link back to your website or blog in your article -- don't waste your time.
I understand that people in business are anxious to find new business. I understand that bloggers are anxious to grow the size of their blog. The byline and bio should allow you to accomplish that mission over time. You don't need to over promote yourself. If an article looks like blatant self promotion or an advertisement it won't get published here.
We have many articles that has been read over 100,000 times. These articles continue to be read each month. A well written article can take on a life of its own and continue to be found by thousands of readers long after its original publication date.
ARR is trusted.
ARR continues to grow every day.
Get Listed on our Writers/Contributors Page
If you are interested in being listed on our author/contributor page, you will have to write at least once a month. You can write as often as you want. You'll benefit more if you write more often.
Every time you write, your article will receive syndication. You article can appear on other websites that are bigger than ARR. Each article will take on a life of its own.
I am happy to answer any and all questions that you might have.
When you submit your first article you agree to all the terms described above. There is no need to sign an agreement. The primary purpose of the agreement is to avoid any and all potential miscommunication.
Alzheimer's Reading Room
1021 Del Aire Court
Delray Beach FL 33446
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room