Alzheimer's Reading Room
This phase 3 clinical trial is being sponsored by Wyeth. Wyeth is now part of Pfizer (PFE).
This is a study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of multiple doses of bapineuzumab in patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer Disease. Patients will receive either bapineuzumab or placebo. Each patient's participation will last approximately 1.5 years.
- Diagnosis of probable AD, with MMSE score of 16-26, and brain MRI consistent with the diagnosis of AD
- Concurrent use of cholinesterase inhibitor or memantine allowed, if stable.
- Caregiver will participate and be able to attend clinic visits with patient.
- Significant neurological disease other than AD, or a major psychiatric disorder
- Contraindication to undergo brain MRI (e.g., pacemaker, CSF shunt, or foreign metal objects in the body)
- Woman of childbearing potential
There are 253 study locations participating.
Go herefor a list of locations.
- 60 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Alzheimer's CareGiving -- Insight and Advice
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Worried About Alzheimer's Disease -- You Should Be
- What is Alzheimer's? What are the Eight Types of Dementia?
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Ten Symptoms of Early Stage Alzheimer's
- Ten Tips for Communicating with an Alzheimer’s Patient
The Alzheimer's Action Plan
300 Tips for Making Life Easier
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading RoomBob DeMarco is the editor of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. Bob has written more than 1,610 articles with more than 8,000 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.