After eleven years of abusing an Alzheimer's patient in her care woman finally gets caught on video....By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Alzheimer's caregiver Carmen Pereira, 52, who had been caring for an elderly woman suffering from Alzheimer's disease for the past 11 years, was caught on tape throwing her patient around carelessly like a rag doll, slapping her in the face, and violently forcefeeding her with a tube.
It appears that the daughter of the Alzheimer's patient, Bernadina Samin, released the video to alert others to this problem.
I want to warn you that this is video is disconcerting and disheartening. It is disturbing so consider this before watching.
After watching and learning that the so called caretaker is out on bail, you might conclude that we really need stronger "elder abuse" laws nationally.
It is unlikely that this is an isolated case.
Read more: http://bit.ly/d3qsSB
- 60 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Alzheimer's CareGiving -- Insight and Advice
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Worried About Alzheimer's Disease -- You Should Be
- What is Alzheimer's? What are the Eight Types of Dementia?
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Ten Symptoms of Early Stage Alzheimer's
- Ten Tips for Communicating with an Alzheimer’s Patient
Bob DeMarco is the editor of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. Bob has written more than 1,810 articles with more than 92,100 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.
The Alzheimer's Action Plan
300 Tips for Making Life Easier
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room