No One Understands
I think we can all agree.
Let's face it, unless you live in the Front Row you can't understand. Unless you come up and sit in the Front Row you'll never understand.
There are a lot of empty seats in most Alzheimer's caregivers Front Row.
This week Maria Shriver is all over the media spreading the word about Alzheimer's disease. Amazingly, I am reading some people put the "knock" on her. It is hard to understand why anyone would be doing this.
Maria is one of us. Her father Sargent Shriver was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in 2003.
Right now, she is focused on educating the nation about the epidemic proportion of the problem, and the devastating effect that Alzheimer's disease has on families.
Education is a necessary step before real political action can happen. It is always easier to "convince" once the problem and all its dimensions are understood.
They say that more than half of Americans have been touched by Alzheimer's.
It appears to me that the war on Alzheimer's is finally starting. Expect many battles, lots of resistance, and the typical political inertia along the way to victory.
Maria Shriver is pushing the issues into the national awareness Now.
- Alzheimer's CareGiving -- Insight and Advice
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- What is Alzheimer's? What are the Eight Types of Dementia?
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Ten Symptoms of Early Stage Alzheimer's
- Ten Tips for Communicating with an Alzheimer’s Patient
Original content the Alzheimer's Reading Room