This is turning out to be a wonderful week for Alzheimer's caregivers and for Alzheimer's disease awareness....By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Maria Shriver is making the rounds discussing The Shriver Report: A Woman's Nation Takes on Alzheimer's Disease.
ABC is doing an excellent job in developing a series of video interviews that are really knocking home the epidemic size of the problem the nation will be facing with Alzheimer's disease, and the magnitude of the contribution that Alzheimer's caregivers are making.
I mentioned earlier that Maria Shriver is now describing herself as an Alzheimer's activist. Somebody has to lead and Maria appears to me to be the "just right person" for the job.
Maria understands the life we lead as Alzheimer's disease caregivers, and I believe this is important. You have to be in the Front Row to really understand. Maria's father, Sargent Shriver, suffers from Alzheimer's disease.
For me this was an important video.
Editor Note: I suggest you take the time to watch the entire video. Be patient. This video is one of the best I have seen. It is full of information and moving. I believe you will find the parts with 16-year-old Lindsey Jordan particularly interesting. Please look at the faces of the Alzheimer's caregivers. Your comments are welcome. Suggestion: bring Kleenex.
If you don't see the video -- go here.
- 60 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Alzheimer's CareGiving -- Insight and Advice
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Worried About Alzheimer's Disease -- You Should Be
- What is Alzheimer's? What are the Eight Types of Dementia?
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Ten Symptoms of Early Stage Alzheimer's
- Ten Tips for Communicating with an Alzheimer’s Patient
Bob DeMarco is the Founder of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. Bob has written more than 1,880 articles with more than 95,100 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.
The Alzheimer's Action Plan
300 Tips for Making Life Easier
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room