A Woman's Nation Takes on Alzheimer's is an in-depth look at women and Alzheimer's with Maria Shriver and Ann O'Leary (Senior Fellow at the Center for American Progress)....
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Maria Shriver says,
There’s no doubt about it. We are in the midst of a national emergency, and we’re woefully unprepared.
I am please to say that Maria Shriver described herself as an Alzheimer's Activist in the video below. Nothing is going to change if we sit back. We all need to become activists in the effort to increase research funding and care funding for Alzheimer's disease.
Shriver is advocating changes to the Elder Care Act, work place flexibility for Alzheimer's caregivers, for President Obama to declare Alzheimer's disease an epidemic, for passage of the nation Alzheimer's Project Act, and for development of a national strategy to combat the growing problem.
This following is the complete video segment from ABCs This Week with Christiane Amanpour.
If you don't see the video -- go here.
- 60 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Alzheimer's CareGiving -- Insight and Advice
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Worried About Alzheimer's Disease -- You Should Be
- What is Alzheimer's? What are the Eight Types of Dementia?
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Ten Symptoms of Early Stage Alzheimer's
- Ten Tips for Communicating with an Alzheimer’s Patient
Bob DeMarco is the Founder of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. Bob has written more than 1,880 articles with more than 95,100 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room