Alzheimer's Reading Room
Our AARP magazine came in the mail today. I passed it over to Lily sitting at the counter.
"Mom, here is a new magazine for you to look at."
Out loud Mom began to read the headline to me:
What Women Want
Kristen Bell, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Betty White
on sex, love, and ......staying hot!
"That's ridiculous. Why do you buy crap like this?"
I said,"I didn't. Read the label."
So Mom turns it over and reads the white address label.
"Dan Runyeon! Hell that's even worse and I am going to tell him so!"
Kerry Runyeon, RN, BSN is the primary caregiver for her mother Lily. Kerry chooses to focus on the humorous aspects of her journey with Alzheimer's disease. Her blog Living in the Moment with Lilybird is a reflection of her experience. Kerry resides in Dayton, Ohio
Insight and Advice
- 60 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- About the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Alzheimer's CareGiving -- Insight and Advice
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Worried About Alzheimer's Disease -- You Should Be
- What is Alzheimer's? What are the Eight Types of Dementia?
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Ten Symptoms of Early Stage Alzheimer's
- Ten Tips for Communicating with an Alzheimer’s Patient
Original content Kerry Runyeon, the Alzheimer's Reading Room