Alzheimer's Reading Room
See these updates on Generic Aricept Pricing:
Teva Pharmaceuticals is pleased to announce the introduction and availability of Donepezil Hydrochloride Orally Disintegrating Tablets. This product is AB rated and bioequivalent to Aricept ODT®*. Donepezil HCl Orally Disintegrating Tablets are available in 5 mg and 10 mg strengths, in sizes of UD 30.
“Generic pharmaceuticals are playing an increasingly important role in healthcare cost containment,” states Maureen Cavanaugh, V.P., Customer Operations & Marketing. “Teva Pharmaceuticals continues to lead the way with timely new product launches.”
Teva Pharmaceuticals, located in North Wales, Pennsylvania, is the leading pharmaceutical manufacturer for both new and total prescriptions.‡ The company has an aggressive Research and Development effort and one of the best overall ANDA approval records in the industry.‡
Please Note: These are "Orally Disintegrating Tablets". At this time, I don't have any pricing information.
Interestingly, I called three major pharmacies today and the pharmacists acted like I was a nut when I asked about generic aricept. All three times I was told that there is no generic version of Aricept.
More news to follow as I get it.
By the way, I find that most pharmacist are very helpful and full of useful information.
Alzheimer's Disease -- Advice and Insight
- 60 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- About the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Alzheimer's Disease and the Five Stages of Grief
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia?
- What is Alzheimer's? What are the Eight Types of Dementia?
- Alzheimer's Disease CareGiving -- Insight and Advice (20 articles)
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's Disease (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Worried About Alzheimer's Disease -- You Should Be
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Disease Patients
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- Is it Really Alzheimer's Disease or Something Else?
- Ten Symptoms of Early Stage Alzheimer's Disease
- Ten Tips for Communicating with an Alzheimer’s Disease Patients
Bob DeMarco is the Founder of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. Bob has written more than 2,101 articles with more than 272,100 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room