All of us here on the Alzheimer’s Reading Room know how important this site has become to our lives. It’s where we go, usually daily, hoping to find some new insight into this horrible disease.
By Max Wallack
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Other times, we need to hear advice from other caregivers, especially Bob, about what daily caregiving tips actually work. Often, we caregivers come here either to offer the wisdom of our experiences or to ask other caregivers for advice when we are at wit’s end.
Sometimes, we get a special treat: we hear from current Alzheimer’s patients who are still able to share with us their own important perspectives. How fortunate we are to get advice from these “experts”!
We also have experts, like Carole Larkin, a true professional who can make a real difference in the lives of whole families, and she does it with an empathetic heart!
Bob, himself, while he never set out to become an Alzheimer’s professional, has certainly become one. I doubt there are very many professional articles about Alzheimer’s disease that Bob has not read, and pondered, and questioned. And we, the readers of the ARR, benefit from his studies and experiences.
So, what do we owe to the Alzheimer’s Reading Room for all these benefits that really matter in our lives? I think what we owe is that we pass on this information so that many others can benefit from what we share here.
We can do this, and it is easy.
Next time you read an article here that matters in your life, EVERY time you read an article here that helps you in any way, push the SHARE button. Spread the benefits of the Alzheimer’s Reading Room across the internet through your facebook, twitter, and other accounts.
Help others that are looking for the same solutions and techniques to make the Alzheimer’s journey more bearable.
Max Wallack is a student at Boston University Academy. His great grandmother, Gertrude, suffered from Alzheimer's disease. Max is the founder of PUZZLES TO REMEMBER. PTR is a project that provides puzzles to nursing homes and veterans institutions that care for Alzheimer's and dementia patients.
Alzheimer's Disease -- Advice and Insight
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia?
- 60 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- About the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Alzheimer's Disease and the Five Stages of Grief
- What is Alzheimer's? What are the Eight Types of Dementia?
- Alzheimer's Disease CareGiving -- Insight and Advice (20 articles)
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's Disease (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Worried About Alzheimer's Disease -- You Should Be
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Disease Patients
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- Is it Really Alzheimer's Disease or Something Else?
- Ten Symptoms of Early Stage Alzheimer's Disease
- Ten Tips for Communicating with an Alzheimer’s Disease Patients
The Alzheimer's Action Plan
The Art of Dementia Care
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room