Here is a research finding that might get your attention....
Cognitive assessments performed four to eight years later showed that the men who walked less than a quarter mile a day were nearly twice as likely to have developed dementia as those who walked two miles or more each day.
Read more from John Hopkins at Guarding Your Memory
More from the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Are Alzheimer's Caregivers the Forgotten? (Opinion)
- Is it Really Alzheimer's or Something Else?
- Alzheimer's, Thyroid and Hypothyroidism
- Alzheimer's and Children
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room