The price of Donepezil, generic Aricept, has dropped by more than 90 percent. Donepezil is used to treat dementia (memory loss, mood, and behavior) associated with mild, moderate, or severe Alzheimer's disease.
By +Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
The Aricept patent expired on Novmeber 25, 2010. Aricept is the brand name for Donepezil.
Donepezil is used to treat dementia (memory loss, mood, and behavior) associated with mild, moderate, or severe Alzheimer's disease. Donepezil will not cure Alzheimer's disease, and it will not stop the disease from getting worse. However, it can improve thinking ability in some patients.
This medicine is available only with your doctor's prescription.
See the latest update on pricing
See these links for the latest pricing and update.
Donepezil is marketed under the trade name Aricept by its developer Eisai and partner Pfizer (PFE). When you go into the pharmacy looking for the lowest price generic Aricept available you want to ask for Donepezil. This will take all of the guess work out of the equation.
- How Alzheimer's Spreads Throughout the Brain
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Communicating in Alzheimers World
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
Full Disclosure: I am not affiliated with, nor am I receiving any compensation, from Costco or any pharmaceutical company at this time. I am not a doctor. The information above is for informational purposes only. You should do your own due diligence and consult with your doctor(s) and pharmacist before making any decisions based on this information.
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room