Ann Luckey suffers from Alzheimer's disease. Jim Luckey is her caregiver...Alzheimer's Reading Room
"It’s not measles and it’s not contagious and it’s not fattening," said 83 year old Ann Luckey in a letter to friends announcing she was suffering from Alzheimer's disease.
“It’s almost like you have leprosy or something,” said Jim Luckey husband of Ann Luckey.
Add your point of view, or quote, in the Add New Comment section below.
Read More on the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Advice and Insight -- Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Test Your Memory (TYM) for Alzheimer's or Dementia in Five Minutes
- The Mini-Cog Test for Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Urinary Incontinence -- How We Beat Alzheimer's Incontinence
- 100 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room Now
+Alzheimer's Reading Room
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room