How many times each year does the typical Alzheimer's Support Group discuss urinary incontinence and a trip to the emergency room?... You tell me...Alzheimer's Reading Room
Alzheimer's Caregiving : Dealing with Bladder Infections and Urinary Incontinence, How Cranberry Juice Fights Bacteria that Cause Urinary Tract Infections
A number of controlled clinical trials ― these are carefully designed and conducted scientific studies done in humans ― have concluded that cranberry juice really is effective for preventing urinary tract infections...
Alzheimer's Caregiving : Dealing with Bladder Infections and Urinary Incontinence
You know what happens when an older person has a urinary tract infection and they don't know it? They start peeing all over themselves and all over the place.....
Alzheimer's Caregiving : Dealing with Bladder Infections and Urinary Incontinence, The Role of Communication and Basic Understanding in Solving Incontinence Problems
Think about it. How many times have you had your Alzheimer's patient tested for a UTI? Does your doctor routinely check your patient for bladder infections. By routinely, I mean every month...
Alzheimer's Caregiving : Dealing with Bladder Infections and Urinary Incontinence, Avoiding the Urinary Tract Infection
So for those of experiencing frequent UTIs, consider watching the way mom wipes herself after urinating or after a bowel movement. If you observe an obvious problem, try to train her to wipe the other way or right way...
Urinary Incontinence -- How We Beat Alzheimer's Disease Incontinence -- The Solution
It took me years to figure this out. After I did I thought, why isn't everyone already doing this? I guess for the same reason that I didn't. Sometimes you just have to look beyond the obvious...
Alzheimer's Disease -- Advice and Insight
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia?
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- Alzheimer's Caregivers Advice and Insight (20 articles)
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's Disease (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- Alzheimer's Disease and Driving
- Alzheimer's Caregiving Dealing with Behavior
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- Alzheimer's Disease -- The Front Row
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
The Alzheimer's Action Plan
300 Tips for Making Life Easier
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room