Hey Alan, if you see this, give us a shout out from Mt Everest....By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Right now, Alan is on his way to Kathmandu. Wozo.
Alan has a vision, raise awareness and raise $1 million for the cure for Alzheimer's disease. All the money goes right into the Cure Alzheimer's Fund. Direct. Alan will not receive one cent of these funds.
It gets better. 100 percent of any donation goes into Alzheimer's research. You might be wondering how that can happen?
The founders of the Cure Alzheimer's Fund pay all the fund's overhead -- right out of their own pockets. That is how you spell -- Commitment. They know Alzheimer's.
I know money is always tight. However, if you have a couple of bucks to donate, click this big red button.
While you are at it. Ask you friends and co-worker to hit the button.
Remember what Dr Oz said about Alzheimer's disease,
In the future, either you'll get it, or you'll know someone that has it.
The future is right now.
Go here for the latest information on the Everest Climb.
Check out Alan's schedule and take a few minutes to watch the video.
I (Alan) am climbing Mt Everest with International Mountain Guides on their Sherpa lead “Classic” team.
- March 26-29 travel to Kathmandu
- March 30-April 11 trek to base camp at 17,500’
- April 11-12 Everest Base Camp
- April 13-19 Acclimatization climbs on Lobuche
- April 20-23 Everest Base Camp
- April 24-May 7 Acclimatization climbs the Khumbu Icefall, Western CWM and Lhotse Face
- May 12-18 Summit Push with summit on May 17th
- May 19-24 trek out, fly to Kathmandu
- May 25 Fly home
Check out -- Everest 2011 Now Underway.
Hey Alan, if you see this, give us a shout out from Mt Everest.
Read More on the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Advice and Insight -- Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Test Your Memory (TYM) for Alzheimer's or Dementia in Five Minutes
- The Mini-Cog Test for Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Urinary Incontinence -- How We Beat Alzheimer's Incontinence
- 100 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room Now
Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. The blog contains more than 2,390 articles with more than 272,100 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room