Yesterday, I caught Dotty on audio right after she woke up. I missed the first 30 seconds when she says, YouWho YouWho, I am awake you know...By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
|Is Pete the Parrot |
an Alzheimer's Caregiver
This podcast is a bit long, ten minutes. It will give you a good idea about how our first interaction of the day goes. Dotty and me.
This starts with me moving Dotty to the kitchen table. Of course, Harvey chimes in from time to time.
For those that you who listen, or listen through to the end, I would be interested in your reaction.
How does this compare to how you start your day?
I'll look forward to reading your comments. Please use the ADD New Comment area below.
Note, once I get Dotty situated at the kitchen table you can hear her loud and clear.
If you don's see the podcast -- go here.
Read More on the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- What is Dementia?
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Advice and Insight -- Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- 100 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room Now
The Alzheimer’s Action Plan: The Experts’ Guide to the Best Diagnosis and Treatment for Memory Problems
The 36-Hour Day A Family Guide to Caring for People with Alzheimer Disease
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room