On bad days, she reads her Bible and prays. She daydreams about the afterlife. She imagines Elden surrounded by white light. He'll smile at her and say her name. He'll remember...Alzheimer's Reading Room
Surrounded by photographs reminiscent of their life together, Claudette Michaud searches for her husband, Elden, behind the eyes of the man in the chair.
She is exhausted, but she holds his hand. She talks about their children, grandchildren, vacations and weddings...
Read more -- Despite toll of Alzheimer's, 'I said for better or worse,' Riverview wife says
Add you comment and reaction in the Add New Comment section below.
Read More on the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Advice and Insight -- Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Test Your Memory (TYM) for Alzheimer's or Dementia in Five Minutes
- The Mini-Cog Test for Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Urinary Incontinence -- How We Beat Alzheimer's Incontinence
- 100 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room Now
Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. The blog contains more than 2,390 articles with more than 272,100 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room