I saw a lot out there. This is the worst. It is hard to deal with -- Mike Daly...By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
In this case, Mike Daly is going it alone. A tough cop turned loving, caring, Alzheimer's caregiver.
William Thies, the Chief Medical and Scientific Officer of the Alzheimer's Association, commented on the Huffington Post that,
"caregivers fail to seek appropriate help and are unaware of free or low-cost resources."
He also comments in the video below.
I wonder if he had someone from the Alzheimer's Association call Mike Daly and explain to him "all the low cost and free resources" that are available to him as an Alzheimer's caregiver?
It is possible that Dr. Thies commented in the video and in the story, but has never met Mike.
If anyone here knows Dr. Thies, maybe you can send him the video and have him get the information to Mike.
Read more about Mike Daly on the Huffington Post -- Alzheimer's Disease: Avoiding the Biggest Mistake.
Maybe Jon LaPook, the author of the story, would be kind enough to do a follow up story and educate us about "all the low cost and free resources" that are available to Mike right now.
I for one would like to hear more about the services and how to find them.
Read More on the Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Advice and Insight -- Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Test Your Memory (TYM) for Alzheimer's or Dementia in Five Minutes
- The Mini-Cog Test for Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Urinary Incontinence -- How We Beat Alzheimer's Incontinence
- 100 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room Now
The Alzheimer’s Action Plan: The Experts’ Guide to the Best Diagnosis and Treatment for Memory Problems
The 36-Hour Day A Family Guide to Caring for People with Alzheimer Disease
Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. The blog contains more than 2,390 articles with more than 272,100 links on the Internet. Bob resides in Delray Beach, FL.
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room