Many Alzheimer's caregivers wonder when they are going to see real people in an Alzheimer's special on television. Real people, not stars. Real Alzheimer's caregivers that live in the front row. Real Alzheimer's patients that are in a later stage of the disease...By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
It took a few days, but once her words sank in, I started rolling a (borrowed) camera. I had no idea what exactly would come of it all, but since I “speak” video, I started shooting what was happening to my family and what was going on inside of me.
Fast forward 4 years and 300+ hours of footage later…
--Joleen Firek, Frankly Speaking: Alzheimer's
Here ya go. Real people living in the front row.
Movie trailer for a proposed documentary on the life of a girl that lived Alzheimer's from the front row.
More Insight and Advice for Caregivers
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Advice and Insight -- Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Test Your Memory (TYM) for Alzheimer's or Dementia in Five Minutes
- The Mini-Cog Test for Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Alzheimer's Disease, Urinary Tract Infections, Urinary Incontinence, Poop (8 Articles)
- 100 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room Now
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room