You probably thinks this is another sotry about Harvey. Nope this article is about Danny the parrot...By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Let me get the "prop" in for Harvey our repeat parrot. Harvey is Dotty's best friend and the best Alzheimer's caregiver tool ever. See Dotty and Harvey the Parrot Discuss Breakfast.
But this story is about Danny the Parrot.
Last night I am on the computer and I have America's Got Talent on the television for Dotty. I hear them say the word parrot so I jump up to check it out. Meanwhile Dotty is out cold on the sofa. I couldn't resist, I woke her up
Be patient and watch this video. You'll know by the audience reaction when you get to the part that I want you to see.
Debbie (the trainer) promises she will deliver birds (parrots) who are psychic and who do magic.
I have to see that for sure.
Meanwhile as I am typing Dotty is talking to Harvey.
All is well.
If you don't see the video -- go here.
Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. The blog contains more than 2,680 articles with more than 512,100 links on the Internet. Bob lives in Delray Beach, FL.
More Insight and Advice for Caregivers
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Advice and Insight -- Alzheimer's Reading Room
- Dementia and the Eight Types of Dementia
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- Test Your Memory (TYM) for Alzheimer's or Dementia in Five Minutes
- The Mini-Cog Test for Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Alzheimer's Disease, Urinary Tract Infections, Urinary Incontinence, Poop (8 Articles)
- 100 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room Now
The Alzheimer’s Action Plan: The Experts’ Guide to the Best Diagnosis and Treatment for Memory Problems
The 36-Hour Day A Family Guide to Caring for People with Alzheimer Disease
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room