"The past 12 years since he got sick — I wouldn't trade those 12 years for anything. Except, I wish the price to pay for them wasn't so high."
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Betsy Brooks remembers her father, Charles, as a "razor-sharp" former Marine.
The two had their share of arguments when she was a teenager, she says.
But that all changed late in her father's life, when he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease.
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Tests)
- What is the Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Alzheimer's Communication Tip, No More Blah Blah Blah
- How to Listen to an Alzheimer's Patient
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- Alzheimer's World Bang Your Head Against the Wall
- The Combination of Aricept and Namenda Helps Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
+Bob DeMarco is the Founder of the Alzheimer's Reading Room (ARR). Bob is a recognized expert, writer, speaker, and influencer in the Alzheimer's and Dementia Community worldwide. The ARR Knowledge Base contains more than 4,000 articles. Bob lives in Delray Beach, FL.
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room