Husband and wife describe life with Alzheimer's.
"It’s not measles and it’s not contagious and it’s not fattening," said 83 year old Ann Luckey in a letter to friends announcing she was suffering from Alzheimer's disease.
“It’s almost like you have leprosy or something,” said Jim Luckey husband of Ann Luckey.
This still remains one of my favorites.
What do you think?
More Insight and Advice for Caregivers
- How Alzheimer's Destroys the Brain -- Video
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room