Here are a sample of the articles and stories about Alzheimer's and dementia that came in via my alert system.
By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Franconia Man With Dementia Goes Missing
Staff see success in arts projects in dementia care
Anderson family continues fight to end Alzheimer’s disease
ALES for ALZHEIMER'S -- "The People's Republic of Fremont"
Families urge action as US drafts Alzheimer's plan
SOUTHERN MARYLAND DEMENTIA CARE CONFERENCE SET FOR NOV. 2
Hip Fractures Tied to Death in 60-Something Women
Woman with dementia missing from Lake View home
Dementia unit building work causing concern
Couple tackles Alzheimer's — and Pat Robertson
Transition Therapeutics rallies on phase 2 study results of Alzheimer's disease drug
RNA Molecule Identified As A Potential Target For New Alzheimer's Therapies
Walk to End Alzheimer's set for Blossom on Oct. 1
Missing man with dementia found safe
Alzheimer's Network fundraiser nets $62,000
Alzheimer's walk raises about $70,000
East Tennesseans fight Alzheimer's in Sevier Co
Alzheimer's walks on tap around the mid-Hudson
Police searching for missing woman with Alzheimer’s
Slowly fading away: Families, patients share the toll of Alzheimer's
More Insight and Advice for Caregivers
- How Alzheimer's Destroys the Brain -- Video
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- 100 Good Reasons to Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room Now
Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. The blog contains more than 2,910 articles with more than 652,100 links on the Internet. Bob lives in Delray Beach, FL.
Creating Moments of Joy: A Journal for Caregivers, Fourth Edition
The 36-Hour Day A Family Guide to Caring for People with Alzheimer Disease
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room