Our vision is a world without Alzheimer's (Alzheimer's Association)
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Alzheimer's Association receives a three-star rating from Charity Navigator.
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research.
Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
Founded in 1980, the Alzheimer's Association, today a multimillion-dollar organization, has been the catalyst and leader for a generation of advancements in Alzheimer research and care. Our organization's achievements and progress in the field have given thousands of people a better quality of life and brought hope for millions more.
Source of Information Charity Navigator
More Insight and Advice for Caregivers
- How Alzheimer's Destroys the Brain -- Video
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- About the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Creating Moments of Joy: A Journal for Caregivers, Fourth Edition
The 36-Hour Day A Family Guide to Caring for People with Alzheimer Disease
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room