Each day an Alzheimer's caregiver learns a new lesson. Slowly but surely we learn how to understand, cope, and communicate with a person living with dementia.
By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Some people say this is a thankless job. I don't agree.
When I first started people asked, "how long do you think you will doing this?" I answered, a year or two. After a few years I started saying, "at least one more day". One day at a time.
Search 4,970 original articles for
More Insight and Advice for Caregivers
- Are Alzheimer's Caregivers the Forgotten?
- Alzheimer's Disease -- The Front Row
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- About the Alzheimer's Reading Room
If you don't see the video go here.
Bob DeMarco is the Founder of the Alzheimer's Reading Room and an Alzheimer's caregiver. The blog contains more than 4,790 articles. Bob lives in Delray Beach, FL.
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room