"The Fisher Center for Alzheimer's Research Foundation is dedicated to attacking the scourge of Alzheimer's with a 3-pronged assault focused on the cause, care, and cure for Alzheimer's disease as well as supporting the public with educational programs."
Alzheimer's Reading Room
Fisher Center for Alzheimer’s Research Foundation receives a four-star rating from Charity Navigator.
|Subscribe to the Alzheimer's Reading Room|
About the Fisher Center Foundation (From the website)
Our team of internationally renowned scientists, under the direction of Nobel laureate Dr. Paul Greengard, has been at the forefront of seminal research that has provided the conceptual framework for modern day investigations into Alzheimer’s disease.
The Fisher Center for Alzheimer’s Research at The Rockefeller University, headquartered in New York City, collaborates with the other leading research institutions around the world in the global pursuit for the cause, care and cure of Alzheimer’s disease. Of the money raised, only 9 cents out of every dollar is used for our operational overhead expenses.
Source of information Charity Navigator
More Insight and Advice for Caregivers
- How Alzheimer's Destroys the Brain -- Video
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Does the Combination of Aricept and Namenda Help Slow the Rate of Decline in Alzheimer's Patients
- About the Alzheimer's Reading Room
Creating Moments of Joy: A Journal for Caregivers, Fourth Edition
The 36-Hour Day A Family Guide to Caring for People with Alzheimer Disease
Original content Bob DeMarco, the Alzheimer's Reading Room